Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Lakers Lost


I am a true Laker fan. Bred on the Greatest Laker team of the 80's (Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Scott). Growing up in LA you just couldn't help but be a Laker fan. So needless to say, I am sad today. The Lakers fell to the Boston Celtics in poor form last night; 131-92 (ouch!) I guess it was truly a Boston Massacre. But don't get all cocky out there you Boston fans. Need I remind you that the playoff MVP, Paul Pierce, hails from Inglewood, California; just steps away from the Forum (old Laker arena). You know he is a Laker at heart. Although I really hoped that we would have won, I guess I'd have to say I'm happy to see Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Doc Rivers, and Rajon Rondo win a championship. I guess they aren't so bad, even if they are Celtics.

I can't end this without acknowledging Tim Russert. Just as I love basketball, I love, love, love politics; and I must say Tim Russert was the best. I just don't know how "Meet the Press" will be the same without him. My prayers go out to his family on this day.

2 comments:

Tami said...

It's about time you got on the blogging bandwagon! Welcome!!!!!!!! LOL

Shawn said...

Hee! Tami you are funny.