WOW!!! Today is a great day! 200+ years in the making. Made possible by all those who risked and gave their lives on this road to true equality and freedom for all. Too many to name..Medgar Evers, Emmitt Till, Fannie Lou Hammer, Ida Wells, Harriett Tubman, Booker T, Martin and Malcolm to name a few... Those who have supported the cause of equality from Lyndon Johnson and the Voting Rights Act, John and Bobby Kennedy. True tears of joy. To those who had no hope, no belief, and no faith in their own inherent ability to achieve.....Yes We Can !!!!
I can honestly say that I never believed that I would see this day. I am so proud of the American people. I feel proud to be an American, and I have a renewed faith in the ability of Americans to judge others, not on the color of skin, but on the content of one's character.
I must also commend Senator McCain, who gave a very gracious concession speech last night. I commend his service to this country.
Can't wait for January 20. I will be there!!
3 comments:
Great post. I'm with you..I have never been more proud to live in this country than THIS moment. I had to remind myself this morning that it wasn't a dream! We have woken to a NEW WORLD!
(BTW, I found your blog while looking for Ethiopian adoption blogs, in case you wondered how I got here..)
What a wonderful pic!
Not a problem Faeriemama. Welcome!
Post a Comment