Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Travel

Our travel is confirmed! We leave on Jan 2 and return on Jan 12. We are flying Emirates and staying at the Bejoe House. We are so fortunate to be traveling during Ethiopian Christmas, and our embassy appointment is on Christmas Day (in Ethiopia). I am so excited to see how the holiday is celebrated in Ethiopia!

Because it is the Holiday, airline tickets are scarce and expensive. So for those still waiting for referrals, and the possibility of travel around the holidays 2010, be prepared for booked flights and extra fees. Despite this, it is SO worth it! I can't wait!

If anyone waiting would like me to take pictures of your little one(s)/and or bring a care package, I would be more than willing to do so. The pictures we received from other traveling families were priceless! Send me an email at trashawnmd@yahoo.com, and I'll put you on my list.

Happy Tuesday!

18 comments:

Jebena said...

Although I don't like rushing days...I'm over here screaming, "Hurry up January!"

God-speed with traveling mercy---Enjoy your trip!!!!!!!!

JonesEthiopia said...

Congrats!
Try asaptickets.com.

They are way cheaper than what we paid for ours... Another family in our travel group (leaving Christmas day!) used them. I looked it up last night, and the tickets are literally $900 to $700 cheaper per ticket than what I paid on Monday. Enough to make me sick, but it might help you! :)

Kelly said...

So exciting to have travel dates - and you're right, it will be so special to be in Ethiopia during the Christmas celebration!

Rebecca said...

YAY!!!

The Soucys said...

Woo-Hoo!!!! How exciting! I can't wait to see pictures of you as a family of FOUR!!!!

Michelle said...

CONFIRMED Travel dates!!!! WOW!

Gracie's Mom said...

Wonderful news, BIG BIG Congrats. Safe & happy travels. I can't wait to hear all about it. I'd luv to know how Christmas is celebrated there too :)

Heidi said...

I don't dare hope, but if we get lucky I am definitely going to take you up on that offer for pictures! Congrats on the travel date! I hope the next few weeks fly by for you!

Sweet Patience said...

What a wonderful way to begin the new year! I cant wait to hear and see pictures about your journey.

pat2006 said...

Would you be able to take a very small package of photos for me. I'd like to send some to the ladies at the Bejoe house and some for Travis. Please contact me at patearley@bellsouth.net .

Thanks!!!

Pat Earley (Addison and Solomon's mom)

Lisa and Peter said...

We stayed at Bejoe House also. Send our love to the beautiful ladies of Bejoe!

We pray for a safe and happy journey to Morgan!

Lisa and Peter

Farmboy and Buttercup said...

OH, huge congrats to you. You know she is absolutely beautiful, just like the rest of her family. :)

Happy packing!

Tami said...

Yea! Can you just love me a little one over there. Make sure to let Belay know I'm on my way!

Freda said...

Can't wait to see pics!!!!

Rahel said...

you are almost back!!!! make sure and post! happy transition. the sleep loss, the craziness...any odd feelings...it's all ok!

Single PAP said...

wow, you are back! can't wait to hear the details and see photos!!!

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO!! R u a family of 4 back in the USA?? WELCOME HOME! Looking forward to an update :-)

Tam said...

just doing a little stalking :-) I'm sure yall are getting settled, but I can't wait to hear all about it!