Friday, November 20, 2009

4 and 14

Today (Nov 20) is Baby M's 4 month birthday! (Happy Birthday to you...!) She is growing so much, and looks so well taken care of. I can't wait to give her lots of hugs and kisses!

Today also marks 14 days until our court date! I am hopeful and prayerful, that Dec 4th will be the day that Baby M is officially our daughter! Just knowing that she is officially ours will make the Christmas holidays so much merrier.

Until then, I am working and keeping busy. Trying to stay focused; but let me tell you, I am NOT. I daydream about her daily, and find it hard to stay on task. I'm starting to lose my appetite just as I did right before and just after our referral. I guess my stress hormones are increasing as we approach our court date. I guess that's not too bad, especially if I can shed a few pounds.

I am also on a mission to clean house. There is serious nesting going on here. I have been cleaning closets and giving things away like a mad woman. My yellow lab watches me as a vacuum, mop, and dust as if she's trying to figure out what's going on, and who's coming to dinner.

Things seem to be falling into place. We are almost ready. Baby M's crib and nursery furniture will arrive on Nov 30, and we should have our updated homestudy in hand momentarily.

Until Dec 4th, I'll be busy figuring out what to cook for Thanksgiving, and how to do it since I have to work on the three days preceding Thanksgiving. I also hope to get some of the bargains after Thanksgiving and start decorating for Christmas.

Waiting is hard, but it sure is nice to be waiting during the holidays when there are so many other things to distract from the wait.

Happy Weekend!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

I bet the holiday distractions are nice, but I'm sure they're not enough to fully distract you! Hang in there - almost there!

Jebena said...

Hey Shawn! I am praying for your courtdate...now does that mean you all will be traveling during the Holidays? If so, 1.I am so totally jealous of you. 2. Can you pack me in your suitcase if I lose 100 lbs, I'm sure I could contour my body like Flat Stanley - hehehe!

a world invented said...

hi shawn!
i would love to contact you. we are just above you on the "list".
the bluebird house.
our daughters share a birthday!
and we have the same court date.
hopefully we will be seeing you and your family in ethiopia REALLY soon.
sincerely,
hanna
hannamarie@vangrowstudio.com

Rebecca said...

I've been thinking about you a lot! Counting down the days- hoping that we will be celebrating together!!! This is so stressful!!!

Freda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebecca said...

Happy Thanksgiving and cheers to next week!!! We will be celebrating together!!!