The uncertainty of this whole international adoption thing is not for the faint at heart. I have a totally new respect for adoption, and it feels like everyone should have to be tortured the way adoptive parents are in the quest to bring home their kids. (LOL) With all the fingerprints and clearances, I keep asking myself "hey did I commit a crime I don't remember, or am I joining the CIA".
At any rate, over the past 2 months, we had to have several of our dossier documents redone (time lapsed, shady notaries). Each time I got an email to do something over I felt like crying, and just calling it quits. But something just kept tugging at me and telling me to carry on, no matter how discouraged I became.
It seems as if everything is finally correct, and soon we will get to begin the next step in this oh so tedious process. We have to update our CIS fingerprints this week, but after this is done, I hope to be DONE with all this paper crap. (Excuse my French).
On another note, our holidays were wonderful. I actually took myself away from the computer, and adoption world, and had a wonderful time. I'll have to post some pictures if I can pretty soon, but I must admit I am not always great at taking photos.
Well, I'm back, and ready to begin the long waiting process with my compadres. Let's see some referrals and kids coming home soon. Maybe that will inspire me again. I promise to be a little better with keeping our blog up to date.
7 comments:
Hi, I wanted to introduce myself after reading your recent post! It seems we are at hesame stage, just done with paperwork and CIS fingerprints. Good luck to you, hang in there. I just had a paperwork delay to conted with, so I know what you mean. I haven't been waiting long yet though, so I still feel luckier than many. We'll see if that feeling continues.....
I know sometimes it's just nice to take a break from something and step back and breath but, it's nice to have you back! Sorry you've been having such a hard time with some of your documents - I can relate to the frustration of that one. Hang in there!!
I agree with your conclusion that adoption is a emotionally arduous process. It strengthens you in ways unexpected.
I totally relate on the time frame. We've been on the journey since...........yep, forever.
Keep taking deep, slow, joyous, breaths and know that one day when your child is forever home, you will look back on the journey and realize that each day and each delay, was for a purpose that worked for the good for your family in unexplainable ways.
**Glad to see you post-missed you**
I agree with you. The adoption process is an emotional roller coaster and is very unpredictable. Stay strong and know that you will make it. You are so right, the interest in international adoptions has increased and the wait time has slowed things down for those waiting.
We were/are with Gladney with the ET program, but plan to return after we complete a domestic adoption that we decided to do back in October. We actually received an email from our Gladney rep asking us where we were with our paperwork on this past Friday. I need to let her know that we are "on hold" for a minute since we are doing a domestic right now. However, we would like to return. I know that when we return, hopefully later this summer, to pick up where we left off, the wait period is probably going to be over a year. However, if we return as planned, it will give us time to settle in with any new changes and prepare for another adoption. It will be well worth the wait! Be strong....but I totally understand where you are coming from
Kristy
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome back!!! It's nice to know you're missed when your gone. (LOL)
Welcome back Shawn!
Post a Comment