
A couple weekends ago, a few friends and I canvassed for Barack Obama in Virginia. It was really a great experience. I have always loved politics, and spent plenty of times at election polls as a child because my late grandmother was a poll worker. Despite this, I'd never actually thought that I would ever donate money to any presidential campaign, or campaign for a candidate. Well, Barack Obama has done it for me. This man is brilliant! I can't share my excitement about his potential presidency enough. He really and truly is a once in a lifetime candidate.
So as a tribute to my Louisiana roots, and my late grandma (who, I know would be loving Barack if she were here), I'm posting a little endorsement from the Bayou. "Oui, On Peut" or Yes We Can translated from Creole. It is a Zydeco tribute!! The link is below. Enjoy!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLvgwHGlpdQ
No comments:
Post a Comment