

This summer we went to New Orleans for a wedding. (I'm originally from NOLA). While there we caught up with old friends. [My mom (in green), me (in red), and mother and daughter duo Q and G]. We have known each other for years; as a matter of fact Gs mother used to be one of my babysitters. The photo at the top is a picture of a "second line". If you've ever been to New Orleans, you may have seen this. It's a dance using umbrellas and we wave
handkerchiefs in the air. It's a celebratory dance to jazz music. We do it at most things weddings, funerals,
Mardi Gras, you name it. We lucked up at this wedding because "Rebirth Jazz Band" performed live. It was great!!


This summer we travelled to Orlando, Florida. While there, we went on a Disney Cruise (3 day). It was so much fun. If you've never done Disney, you must try it. I highly
recommend!! Well we had such a great time I only took 1 picture (
LOL) But hey, it's pretty. A nice photo of tropical fish we took while snorkeling. I also had the opportunity to meet the great Dr. Dorothy Irene Height. She is 96 years old and awesome. (There is a picture of us above). She is a living legend! If you've never heard of her you should
Google her. She is a civil rights icon, and was the only woman to speak at the March on Washington with Dr. King. If you look at old pictures of that day, you will see her out front and center. She has a book entitled " Open Wide the Gates of Freedom".



The summer started out with B's 8th Birthday! No party this year (mommy too tired). But I promised a sleepover next year. (What was I thinking.....ten or more 9 year old boys. I guess I'll see if I can get out of it). Well this year we had cake and ice cream at home, dinner at Kobe's Hibachi Grill (B and dad), and a new bike for Mr. B.
No comments:
Post a Comment