Thursday, August 21, 2008

Homestudy Update

We are still waiting for our homestudy to be approved by our agency so that it may be finalized a second time. They said it would take about 10 days, but no such luck. Ours is taking a bit longer than the time frame indicated. (I should have known; Nothing in adoption goes according to plan). I have been so leary about sending in our I600A again since our first one expired before our homestudy got there, and we are out of $700. That really hurt my heart! Isn't it unfortunate that they don't give you a credit or something. And to top that off, the lady I was in contact with at the CIS office was sooo nasty. Doesn't she know you catch more bees with honey?(I guess not).

Nonetheless, I will be putting the I600A in the mail this weekend so that we can get the ball rolling again. We will also need to update our physicals in September.

Otherwise, I've been taking a much needed break from the paperchase because it had been driving me looney!! Now I feel refreshed, and ready to get everything completed; as soon as we get approval on our homestudy. (I'll let you know when that happens)

As for summer pictures, I hope to get them up pretty soon. Toodles!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Hi Shawn,
Just wanted to say hello from Oklahoma. Our family is also adopting from Ethiopia. We are waiting for our homestudy to be finalized and have started on our dossier also. Best wishes to you guys during the next several months!

-Nikki