Now honestly guys, even if you don't support Barack Obama, you must admit that this cover is tasteless!!! What type of satire is this? What editor thought this was acceptable? To imply that the Obama's are "terrorist" is absolutely ridiculous! This is not only untrue, but actually slanderous, and irresponsible. I find this down right insulting, and I'm not even on the cover!The implication that being Muslim is equivalent to being a terrorist or unpatriotic is absolutely unacceptable. By the way, Barack Obama is not a Muslim, but even if he were, what difference would it make. As a Christian, I am appalled by these images, and their implications. This is why there is war and strife in the world; lack of regard and respect for the differences.
If you feel the same, write in, and tell the New Yorker what you think.
1 comment:
I agree that it's tasteless. I think it perpetuates stereotypes, and a magazine like this knows better. They want the shock value and the publicity, and I think that's just terribly wrong.
Post a Comment